"The dual objectives of Feminism are strengthening women and making men to perceive that strength."
Nowadays, women in urban areas have the opportunity to exhibit their skill sets to the world. But this is not so much so in the rural areas and villages. Through the efforts, noble heart and grit of many feminists like Meenakshi of Aruvi Trust, things have started to change even in these far off villages. Many village women have begun to come out of their confinement and embrace the opportunities made available to them. Meenakshi and her team at Aruvi Trust, founded in 2005, are supporting these women with vocational training and helping them to start small businesses in order to sustain themselves and eventually, improve their financial status. Aruvi Trust’s initiatives like tailoring classes for the villagers in Kallakurichi have really empowered womenfolk there.
- To organize rural poor, women, children, disable and empower in life skills and livelihoods training.
- To promote yoga and traditional games through special camp, regular coaching, and sustainable health activities.
- To promote organic farming and sustainable agriculture.
- To develop traditional seeds/plants and practice in agriculture and the environment.
- To promote renewable energy- solar energy and biogas energy.
- To promote and support social entrepreneurs.
- To empower tribe(vanvasi) and rural communities in basic education, digital literacy, skill development, health awareness, learning modern and productive agricultural practices, microfinance and entrepreneurship.
- To conserve herbals and promote legal healing systems such as Siddha, Ayurveda, and Naturopathy.